Have you ever had one of those days where the voice in your head takes over and it’s not with nice talk?
This may be off topic for an interior designers blog, but figuring out your style and what you love is my job! It ain’t easy to do if you are constantly telling yourself that your ideas are wrong.
Self talk is so important, from doing daily tasks to being at work…did you know that talking to yourself in 2nd and 3rd person is actually more powerful? Brendon Burchard, auther of the book “High Performance Habits” has studied the habits of some of the worlds most successful and highly efficient people. A surprising fact? Almost all of them talk to themselves, that’s right…self talk!
- Take 10 deep breaths in and out…slowly in and out.
- Rest your mind and only hear your voice, calmly reassuring yourself.
- Use this as an example:
“Meg, it’s important that you do a good job today. You love this stuff, don’t let anything make you forget that. It is a great opportunity, this project is a design idea that you’ve been working on for 3 months. You will do so well, and Meg…don’t forget that you are so lucky to be here sista, make sure you enjoy the process”
Now, right after…dive into your next task or project full steam ahead!
You will be surprised at how easy and effective this is, after all…the worlds most efficient and successful people do this. What do you have to lose?
Ultimately you want a way to bring joy to your life, right? These tips will hopefully make it easier for you to SPARK JOY in your life.
* Another great way to remember your daily affirmations, do them every day in the shower…
- This is the perfect time to access how you feel. It probably happens daily and a great way to remember this process. Are you feeling vulnerable and weak? Perhaps it’s the best time to do a protection cleanse to yourself. Try asking your higher self to not let anyone effect you or bother you today, no matter what goes wrong. I mean why not? It won’t hurt and what do you have to lose?
- This is a great time to prep yourself for the day and pump up your confidence too. Self talk and conversations that keep you covered in weak times. Ie. “What might possibly happen today that could trap me up, and how am I going to bring my best self to that?”
- Have compassion for yourself, when you get out of the shower look in the mirror…tell yourself that you love you!
SO TRY IT OUT…RELEASE TENSION, THEN SET INTENTION!
Let’s not forget the middle of the day, where your mind not be as calm and collected. Don’t forget to check in with yourself, make an appointment if you have to…but you shouldn’t be too busy for you.
Set an alarm on your phone, take a minute…