This is a kitchen that I consulted with online to create a new design scheme. The homeowner have a minimal budget to invest into renovations and may want to sell their home in a few years.
Either way we are going to help them love this kitchen.
This is how we chose to breathe joy into this outdated kitchen.
THE DESIGN SCHEME
- Plants bring in oxygen and look fresh in kitchens, we love succulents from local nurseries and floral shops.
- Solid valance panel wrapped in frabric by Tonic Living, Java in Charcoal $28.95/yrd. (To finish off this look, get some in-expensive white wood blinds layered underneath for privacy.)
- All upper cabinets to be painted in OC-65 Chantilly Lace by Benjamin Moore. This will make the kitchen look bigger and like the ceilings are higher than they are.
- Marble mosaic backsplash tile in chevron pattern, in the clearance section at a local tile shop (only $7/sq.ft)
- Simple knobs that don’t stand out too much or show that cabinets are old, the ones are $8/each from Anthropologie.
- This marble counter is a budget tipper, but so worth it in the end. For a similar look try an in-expensive laminate.
- All lower cabinets to be painted in HC-166 Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore.
* We didn’t include appliances although in this pic we are suggesting a new dishwasher. New appliances always update a kitchen instantly.
* Drawing not to scale.